Practice what you preach
As much as I enjoy thinking about concepts and perfecting the result, the act of creating and building is where I feel like I'm making a real difference. As a result, I'm a big advocate of prototyping, testing and iterating as fast as possible. But when it comes to my own website I struggle to bring my own advice into practice.
It may not be perfect, but nothing ever is anyway [..] Yet it's out there just in case someone finds it useful at some point ...
It inspired me to give this writing and sharing thing a go. If everything goes well you're reading the result now :-) It will not be perfect... mistakes (and typos) will be made. I will write about my personal opinions and share my daily experience with design, front-end development, accessibility and sustainable design. I aim to keep it positive and welcome your feedback.
To finish, some links to my favourite blogs. I owe these people a lot for the continuous inspiration, motivation and advice.
- Sustainable UX: Talks, Sustainability
- iA: Design, Business
- Laura Kalbag: Accessibility, Ethics
- Adam Morse: Design, CSS
- Karolina Szczur: Ethical design, Remote work
- Buster Benson: Cognitive biases, Philosophy, Health
- Frank Chimero: Design
- Dan Mall: Design, Business
- Heydonworks: Accessibility, CSS
- Hidde De Vries: Accessibility, CSS
- Sara Soueidan: Accessibility, SVG, Writing
- CSS Wizardry: CSS architecture, Performance
- Brad Frost: CSS, Prototyping
- Dave Rupert: Prototyping, Front-end development
- Matthias Ott: Prototyping, Design